Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Motivation Blog

Why are you here (in the teacher education program, in this class, at UVU)?
-I am in the education program at UVU because it has been my life long/ mastery goal to be a school teacher. I love working with children and I want to see them be successful. Utah Valley University in my opinion has the best program and I always want to be part of the best.

What motivates you?
- I get motivated when it is something I really want. I am very driven and I love to see an end in sight when it comes to projects and school.

Why do you succeed? Why do you fail? (Use terminology from attribution theory)
- I succeed when working with others and having a purpose. I fail most when it comes to testing. I think it is a learned helplessness because at this point in my life I have put into my head that I don't test well. I need to maybe learn a new study patern and that might help me do better in this area.

Do the goals in your course contract reflect mastery goals or performance goals?
-What does this say about you? I think it reflects mastery goals for me, becuase this is my second time in the course and so I am trying to improve and increase my understanding and knowledge in educational psychology. This says that I want to learn and retain the materials taught in class and want to be successful.

How do you need to change your motivations and mindset for this class in order to become a great teacher?
- I need to study harder for my exams and find a study pattern that will help me retain this information in the future. Learning about the developments and life changes that children go through will help me to know how to better teach my class in the future and knowing what strategies fit the age of the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment